Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pattern Testing and Remodeling

I decided this week I'm taking a much needed break from the bathroom redo to sew.  I am 1/2 way done with my "Dancing Stars" top.  I can't wait to finished that up and get to the machine quilting.  As always, I usually get stuck at that point.  Not quite sure if I want to try something new or go with my usual stippling. Suggestions are always welcome :)

Even though the bathrooms have been put on hold this week, I still had remodeling on my mind.  I decided this blog needed a little redo as well.  What do you think?  I can't decide if I like it or not.  We'll see if it grows on me.

I'm also doing some pattern testing this week.  First is a paper pieced Emu by Kristy @ Quiet Play.  She has several patterns coming out soon to her Craftsy shop.  I loved the pattern--so cute and super easy!  There wasn't a ton of pieces to it so I would suggest it to any beginner that is new to paper piecing.  I have never been up close to an Emu so I had to look up a picture :) Ha!  I hope it looks like one!



Next is the pattern "Summer Solstice"  by Marelize Ries @ Stitch By Stitch. You can view her post about it here.  I'm working on a test block right now and have pulled my fabrics.  I decided on the new line Union Station from DS Quilts for Fabric Traditions at Joann's.  I also added a couple of other prints form her other lines, Farm Stand and Croquet.  Her fabrics intertwine with each other so well--love that!!!  


The solids match perfectly and are Joann's line of Kona solids.  And they were 40% off. Score!!  I can't wait to dig into these and start stitching! :)  


Linking up to these parties:


Needle and Thread Thursday


Sew Fresh Quilts


9 comments:

  1. Your blog looks spiffy! Glad to see you had some sewing time. It's a great stress reliever. I can only imagine how badly you need it with bathroom renos going on. Your emu is so cute! And your fabric pull for Marelize's pattern is fantastic! Looking forward to seeing that one come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors!!!!!! Stick to the sewing... the bathroom can take a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love the look of that stack of DS & Kona! enjoy your sewing break from renos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern looks pretty but complicated to me :-) You pulled out some pretty stack for it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie! This fabrics are really fantastic! Your paper piecing is really great too! :) Good luck on your remodel! Those can be very stressful-however, your blog is looking great! :)

    I am giving away a $50 gift certificate this week! Would love for you to stop by and enter!
    Fort Worth Fabric Studio Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabrics you picked out, can't wait to see them in a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that emu block is too cute, and that is one awesome fabric pull. I love the oranges!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty, pretty. I need to make a fabric run and get some of that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...