I have finally finished my Halloween Spider Web quilt. Well, the top anyway :) These were some more Bee blocks from last year. I collected black, white and orange prints for quite a while with the Spider Web pattern in mind. I sent everyone in my group a pack of strips and some Kona Black and had them follow this tutorial. http://alamodefabric.blogspot.com/2010/06/spider-web-quilt-block-tutorial.html.
I have actually had all the blocks stitched together since the first of the month but decided I wanted borders. It looked like it was missing something. I'm glad I did. I love how it turned out.
I couldn't find an orange I liked and didn't want to go the novelty route. I chose these black and white prints which helps frame it nicely.
It was a great day to take some photos. This local park had tons of leaves that helped set the feel of fall and the upcoming trick-or-treating :)
My binding is made and ready to go so I will spend the next couple of days quilting. Hopefully I will get it done to enjoy it the last week of October :)
And you can't have a Spider Web quilt without a picture of an actual web!!
Linking up to the following parties: