Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Some Halloween Quilting

I always have grand plans of projects for the holidays but never seem to get them done in time.  Usually because I don't think of it until it's too late.  But who thinks of Halloween or Christmas in the middle of summer?  Better planning is definatly in my goals for the new year (which is less than 3 months away).

I have finally finished my Halloween Spider Web quilt. Well, the top anyway :)  These were some more Bee blocks from last year.  I collected black, white and orange prints for quite a while with the Spider Web pattern in mind.  I sent everyone in my group a pack of strips and some Kona Black and had them follow this tutorial.  http://alamodefabric.blogspot.com/2010/06/spider-web-quilt-block-tutorial.html.

 
 
I have actually had all the blocks stitched together since the first of the month but decided I wanted borders.  It looked like it was missing something.  I'm glad I did.  I love how it turned out.
 
 
 
I couldn't find an orange I liked and didn't want to go the novelty route.  I chose these black and white prints which helps frame it nicely. 
 
 
 
It was a great day to take some photos.  This local park had tons of leaves that helped set the feel of fall and the upcoming trick-or-treating :)
 
 
 
My binding is made and ready to go so I will spend the next couple of days quilting.  Hopefully I will get it done to enjoy it the last week of October :) 
 
 
 
And you can't have a Spider Web quilt without a picture of an actual web!!
 

 
 
Linking up to the following parties: 





WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

My Quilt Infatuation

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I've always loved that pattern and those fabrics are perfect! Can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt! I have this quilt on my list for 2014. I love the Halloween fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pattern for a Halloween quilt....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely spiders webs, both figurative and literal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cool! Congratulations on the finish!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely quilt for Halloween! That spider web picture is really cool! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous quilt! I love string blocks, and the spiderweb in Halloween colors is just perfect! love the photo of the real web as well. such a cool pic!

    Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt. Love the colors!

    I'm always a holiday behind in my crafts and quilting as well. But it IS so hard to think Christmas in the sweltering July heat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I absolutely love your quilt! I need to start collecting some of those great oranges & blacks....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...