Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My First Bee Quilt...Finished!

I have been in several Bees over the last couple of years.  5, I think, and tons of blocks to show for it.  So I thought it was time to actually put some of the blocks that I received together into a finished quilt.  I am so glad I did--I absolutely love it :)


This is my Arkansas Crossroads Scrap Quilt made with blocks from the ladies of Stash Bee, Hive #2. I was Queen back in December 2012.  Tutorial can be found here. I asked for super scrappy and everyone did such an awesome job!!  After putting them up on my design wall, I decided to make more so I would have a bigger top.  Plus it made the overall design more even.

I basted it and then it sat for awhile. Sometimes I hate that part...trying to think of what to quilt.  I'm new to FMQing so my library of patterns that I can do is pretty limited. One in fact :)  Ha!  The ever famous loopdy-doo.  I've been dying to add to that.  My last quilt, the Forest QAL, gave me a chance to play around a bit.  I tried stippling again and it actually came a lot easier than when I first started FMQing.  So that's what I settled on and it came out great!

 
I love it! :)  So glad I decided to do it and I'm so glad I now have two designs under my belt.  I'm on a roll :) Ha!  I will say though that this is probably my limit size wise.  At 72" square, it was a whopper.
 
 
 
 
I went to Joann's for the backing and chose a lime green flannel and a fun multi print on brown for the binding.  Flannel always makes a quilt so cozy for snuggling under in winter.  Don't you think?
 
 
I love this pattern and would definately make it again.  It's perfect for scraps!  And a BIG thanks to all my Bee mates from the Stash Bee--I wouldn't have this quilt if it wasn't for all your blocks.  Thank you!!
 
 

 
Quilt stats:
 
Pattern name:  Arkansas Crossroads
measures:  72" x 72"
fabrics:  assorted scraps from my Bee mates with Kona white
 
 
Linking up with the following parties this week:
 
 
 Fresh Poppy Design

Lily's Quilts
My Quilt Infatuation

14 comments:

  1. Wow! What a bee-utiful quilt! Such a gorgeous mix of colours and fabrics. I love the binding - perfect choice! Congrats on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my jar of squares has become 2 jars so maybe, just maybe I will do an Arkansas Crossroads soon. I think I will ask the whooping 49 followers of my blog if 10 of them want to do a swap. 5"blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrappy quilt. You've motivated me to, maybe just maybe, put some of mine together as well. Or…maybe I'll just continue to admire yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is awesome! Great job!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quilt, and the pattern, I will have to look that one up. I agree, I love using flannel as backing, makes the quilt extra cozy, and your binding fabric, it is perfect for this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt! I have always loved this quilt pattern and your fabric choices have made yours one of the best. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there, came across your quilt through Lily's Quilts small blog meet, you are two links above me.
    I have enjoyed looking at your blog and love this quil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to try the stippling or the loop-de-doo pattern. Soon I hope. Love your quilt, the binding is perfect! I'm on the small blog hop too @ Lilys Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  10. An Arkansas Crossroads is on my to-do list SOON. This quilt is so gorgeous. Scrappy, colorful quilts are always my favorites!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful and I love the pattern! I have a small one on my wall! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! One of my favorite blocks... love it super scrappy like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very scrappy and wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...