Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival, part 2

As I wrote my other post for my entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I couldn't stop thinking if I should enter another quilt (we get two entries).  Why not?  I was pretty proud of this finish last summer.  It was a lot of firsts for me, thinking "out-of-the-box". 

 
 

This is my finished quilt from The Forest QAL.  After I finished all the paper pieced blocks, I put them up on my design wall and designed my filler pieces around them.  It ended up being in five sections that I did a quilt-as-you-go method to finished it up.  I love how it turned out!  But don't we all love our own quilts? :)


You can read more about this quilt here as well as get the link to all the patterns in the QAL. Now jump over to Amy's Creative Side to check out all the quilts in the festival!  Voting starts tomorrow!!

AmysCreativeSide

3 comments:

  1. hi there, love the feathers. I have seen quilts of feathers and would love to have a go. I also love the little stripe of fabric in between the blocks in your backing. Good luck in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way back when I somehow ended up pinning your cute squirrel. It gets repinned all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I love that pieced back, especially the skinny strips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...