Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A New Camera Bag

I have always had an interest in photography, even taking a few classes.  Of course back then it wasn't digital yet.  Now I can hardly find a roll of film in my town, let alone have it developed.  I started saving money here and there over two years ago and last spring finally had enough to go get a new camera!  After much research and the love of my old film camera, I chose to stick with Canon.  And to my luck a new version was coming out so I was able to get a great deal on a Canon Rebel T4i.

Love. It.  Of course I seem to have forgotton a lot of what I learned in my classes way back when but that is something a few tutorials can change :)  I've pinned several to my Photography Pinterest board

Since I still have my old camera, I still have the bag it came with but it isn't very pretty.  I should have taken a picture! :)  I came across a tutorial on how to make a purse into a camera bag here. I changed it up a little to fit the purse I bought.  It was super simple and so much nicer looking!


I found this purse at Kohl's on the clearance rack.  Originally $108.00 (Ackk!!) but at 70% off it came to 32.40.  I had $30 Kohl's cash from a previous shopping trip so the purse only cost me $2.40 :)  I was beyond excited.  What a steal!

 
The middle section fits my camera perfectly and the two side sections can hold my extra lense, filters and my wallet that hold extra memory cards.
 
 
 
I chose to hand stitch the closings instead of hot glue.  I don't own a glue gun :)  I also used sticky tape made for fabric to adhere the velcro strips on the dividers. 

You know, Christmas is just around the corner!  This would make a great gift for that photographer on your list :)

Linking up to the following parties:


Sew Cute Tuesday
Fresh Poppy Design

3 comments:

  1. well done on the bag conversion, and enjoy your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the camera bag Jackie -- how creative is that ? You did a fantastic job and even made the inside colorful! Thanks for stopping by the blog today and for the kind words. Take care, Karen on Keuka

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea!! That bag's a lot more prettier than your standard camera bag. And cheaper than the fancy ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...