I did sew though. In fact I stitched like crazy keeping up on my Bee obligations and to get my Forest QAL finished. I knew it would take me awhile since I wasn't following a pattern. I just designed as I went along.
I love how it turned out! I included some simple patchwork inbetween the main blocks instead of traditional sashing. It was a fun process and a first for me. I also decided to do a quilt-as-you-go method. Since I am new to FMQ, this was much easier and I could still fit in straight line quilting as well.
Here is some of the FMQ. Stippling around the feathers and some back and forth meandering around the Pine Martin. Both were firsts for me. I've never tried to attempt either one of these patterns but the smaller sections were a lot easier to handle. I'm very happy with how they turned out.
measures about 48" x 64"
All fabric was from my stash with the exception of a few pieces picked up at JoAnns for the back.
The blocks, all paper pieced, can be found here.
The arrow blocks are my own design.
And here is the back.
Thank you to all the designers of this QAL.
This was a lot of fun--I'm so glad I joined in! :)
I'm linking up to the Forest QAL contest--go here to view all entries.
linking up to Finish it up Fridays too!!