Monday, June 17, 2013

Ready To Blog Hop

I'm sure you have all heard about the Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop.  It's been going on now for the past 2 weeks but I've been so busy I'm just now posting it.  That is such my down fall! What can I say.  School is out, summer is here and everyone and everything needs my attention with not enough time for it all.  I can't be the only one, right?   I sure admire the bloggers that can manage it all. I will have my act together this week!!  I'm up Friday in the Hop so make sure you come back :)  Here's Fridays line up:

Friday, June 21

Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage


Sarah @ Quilt Candy

Jackie @ NW Patchwork


Erica @ Happy Fabric

Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity

Lauren @ Seraphym

 
By clicking on the link above, you can view the whole entire line up which carries through to July.  Lots of blogs full of inspiration and I'm sure lots of friendships to be made.  Some I was already following but some I didn't know at all until now. So this has been a great experience! 
 
 
 
This is some of my sewing lately.  My Bee blocks from my last post have become a quilt top. I love it! This was the first time finishing a Bee quilt and I can't wait to get to the rest in my box.  I have the backing and binding so I hope to have it finished by the end of the month for the June link up to A lovely Year of Finishes. 
 
 
I'm getting caught up on my blocks for the Forest QAL. Only 1 more to go!  And then I have until August 31st to put them all together and link up to the finish party.  I have an idea in mind so I will be clearing off my design wall soon :)
 
 
 
 
 
Bee blocks for Bee Sew Modern are done early!  It helps when one of them was already made :)  Sara asked for any paper pieced star in rainbow colors with black as the background.  I was in luck--I had one sitting around.  Months ago I pattern tested for Ester (blogged here) and had made a rainbow star.  I knew it would be perfect for Sara's quilt so I added a black border to make it the size she requested. That was easy:)
 
"Dizzy" from the Star Collection
 
 
And here is Allisons block, also from Bee Sew Modern.  Her tutorial can be found here.  I love this one! I'm adding this to my "want-to-make" list :) 
 
 
Double Gears





 

That's been it for me so far in June!  Not too bad :)  Come back on Friday for my stop on the hop.
 
 
 
 
Plum and June
 
Also linking up to :
 

Plum and June
 
 
Paper Piecing Party

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie!
    All of your work is wonderful! I especially like the squirrel and the star ;-)
    Hugs
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paper piecing and really like the quilt top.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely projects! Beautiful paper piecing too - love the Double Gear and rainbow star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bee blocks are amazing, especially the squirrel, that one is v. Cute :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...