Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quilt Bees

I have been in several Bee groups over the last year and a half or so.  Some I had to send fabric out and some I used my stash.  All had some ups and downs but for the most part I had fun and received lots of beautiful blocks. 

I introduce to you.... The Box.


This box is where I keep all my Bee blocks.  It is completely full with the exception of the newest Bee -- my block I chose measured around 17" square so they would not fit :) There is 6 quilt tops to be made from all these blocks (including the big ones not in the box).  I need to do something with them!!  They have been sitting in that box for way too long and its time to start whittling away at the pile.  Maybe by summers end the box will be empty (insert snort) !!  Anyway...

I pulled out my blocks from back in December 2012 for the Stash Bee--Hive #2. I chose "Arkansas Cross Roads" for my block.  Original tutorial can be found here.  It's the perfect block to use up your scraps.  Here are the blocks I made:


Even though December is a hard month for sewing commitments due to the holidays, I still got a nice pile of blocks to play with. 33 in all including mine.  I still need to lay them all out and see how many more I need to make.

 
 

With this plan in mind, I'm going to link it up for this month in A Lovely Year of Finishes.  Tomorrow is the last day to link up for June so if you plan on joining us, hurry over!  I hope to have the top pieced, quilted and bound by the end of the month.

So, how about you?  Do any of you have Bee blocks piled up?  I can't be the only one! :)


A Lovely Year of Finishes
 
 
I'm also linking up to these parties too!
 
 
Plum and June
 
 

Lily's Quilts









6 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got plenty to keep you going in that box! Love your blocks. I'm starting a small quilting strip bee soon, just hoping I'm able to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks, I have the same problem, a big pile i need to do something with, and soon as it's such a shame to just leave them as they are! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lalalala you've uncovered exactly why Melissa and I started 'A Lovely Year of Finishes'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a plastic box like that lurking guiltily (quiltily?) under my sewing desk! Think i need the discipline of ALovely Year of Finishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won a pile of lottery blocks at my guild's last meeting. I am over the moon about winning them (they are spiderweb blocks, and I desperately want a spiderweb quilt but making all those blocks would take me a zillion years) but they are sitting staring at me, making me guilty. Somebody should do a bee-block-busting QAL, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blocks! Don't let those poor little darlings sit all cooped up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...