Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Monthly Fabric Swap Group

Over the last few months I have participated in the Monthly Fabric Swap Group over on Flickr. Since it is held on a month to month basis, you can sign up or sit out when ever you want.  Once partners are assigned, swap your info, likes and dislikes and then put your package together.  You swap 4 Fat Quarters, 1 sewing/quilting notion, a card/postcard and some chocolate.  It's a lot of fun and a great way to meet other quilters.  I swapped back in March and again in May.  Both went really well.  I received some really great fabrics. May also had a bonus since Mothers day was during the month.  We got to swap 1 small handmade gift along with our fabrics.

 
 
My partner for May liked any red, aqua and pink fabric, she liked owls and no pouches!  So I thought a pin cushion would work.  I had just come across this owl pincushion on Pinterist.  So I pulled some scraps in her colors and made it.  Isn't it cute!?  I love how it turned out.  I put some needles in the wing and a Frixion pen in the pocket. I got a big thank you when it arrived so I think she liked it. I want one for myself now :)
 
Linking up to:
 

Better Off Thread

 
Fresh Poppy Design

17 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love how one of his little wings is pinned. I'm going to investigate this swap -- sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one is soooo cute! This is a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pincushion is super cute! Sounds like a great swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that owl is the cutest! thanks for sharing the link, I definitely would like to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooo cute. I'm a bit of an owl lover (well a lot!).

    Following from Better off thread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. Wow. I love it so much! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally Gorgeous! I'd love one of these. You're colour choices are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too am an avid Owl collector and this is SO stinking cute!! You should make yourself one for sure!! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That owl is too cute!! Sounds like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that owl! Might have to go make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute pin cushion!!! I love it.... over from Better off Thread

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tutorial link for the cute owl, think i might make my owl mad friend one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fantastic! Definitely one to make myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I had a look at the tutorial you use and I like your fabric selection more than the original tutorial, more my style. Love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...