Wednesday, May 29, 2013

W.I.P Wednesday!

This has been a pretty busy month.  It started with beautiful weather in the 80's.  I spent a lot of time outside working in the yard, planting a few things in the garden and went horseback riding several times.  It was so much fun.  We even saw some bear tracks!

Since the beginning didn't include my sewing machine, the end of the month did.  I put the binding on my #ALYoF goal (as you saw in my last post), played catch up with Bee blocks as well as getting caught up with some of my QAL blocks.

Stash Bee Hive #2 for Bri
she asked for the astrick block in blues and reds
tutorial here
 
 Stash Bee Hive #3 for Rachel
she asked for a bright scrappy swoon
tutorial here
 
 
I joined the Forest QAL a few months ago but got behind.  The blocks are paper pieced, are more advanced and quite time consuming-but I love them!!  I can't wait to put them all together.  You can find the group over on Flickr by clicking on the button on my side bar.
 
block #5 

Eurasian Jay by ShapeMoth
tutorial here
 
block #6
Elk by ShapeMoth
tutorial here
 
block #7
Slow Coming Spring by Sewing Under Rainbow
Tutorial here 
 
block #8
Red Panda by Badskirt
tutorial here
 
 
I think I have 3 more and I'll be all caught up :)  I also finished my blocks for the "Sisters 10 Modern QAL".  I just love these and can't wait to get them all put together.  I'm loving the Essex linen more with each block! 
 
April-Lady of the Lake
 
 
May-Aunt Eliza's Star
 
 
 
*edit*  I had planned on linking up to WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced but it won't work.  Anyone else having trouble?  
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow love these blocks, wondering if youve ever seen any good horsey quilts in this style as we are a horsey household too and my son would love your blocks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...