Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Finally Finished!

Originally this was my April goal for #ALYoF.  I was sooooo close but just couldn't get it done in time to link up.  So onto May's goal it went.

 
 
As you can see by the wrinkles, it has already been used during T.V time :)  And it is so hard to take a good photo of the whole quilt!  Sorry about that!!
 
 
 
I do love how it turned out though.  I hand quilted the whole thing with DMC floss in brown to match the embroidered words in each block. I also used a brown solid for the binding so the hand stitches really stand out.
 
 
 
 
Quilt stats:
 
Take Time To...
Embroidery pattern by Caroline Lewis
of "The Contented Quilter"  2010 BOM
you can find it here
 
patchwork block pattern by Me!
 
fabric: assorted scraps from my stash
backing: quilters print from Joann's
hand quilted with DMC floss
 
measures a little over 60" square
 
Linking up this finish here
 


A Lovely Year of Finishes


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...