Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2 Nominations for the Liebster Award


Well thank you very much ladies!!  Amy of cloudcoucoucrafts and Jessica of abushelandapeck  surprised me with the nominations. I really appreciate it :)  And what is a Liebster Award?  Don't feel bad--I didn't know either.  After some google searching I found that it means "dearest" in German.  Made to help new bloggers with under 200 followers get some more traffic to their site. I always wondered if anyone read my blog!

Rules are the following:
  • Post eleven facts about yourself.
  • Answer the questions the nominee has set for you and create eleven questions for people   you’ve nominated.
  • Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
  • Go to their page and let them know.
  • No tag backs!

About Me:
  • I have lived in the same small town my whole life.
  • I am an only child.
  • Before I had kids, I use to be a dog groomer.
  • I am an avid trail rider.
  • I use to scrapbook but lost interest.
  • I read almost every night in bed.
  • My last Birthday present was a pink camo shotgun :)
  • I'm scared to death to go to the dentist.
  • I never ever wash my truck.  I wait for my man to do it or I go to the car wash.
  • I don't care what they say--I'm a Twilight fan!!
  • I love scary movies.
Here are my questions from Amy:

#1  Why did you start blogging?  It looked like fun to make friends with the same hobby.  There is so much inspiration out there!
#2  What is your pet peeve?  Clutter and hoarding. Except for fabric! :)
#3  City or Countryside?  Country of course.
#4  Favorite film?  I have so many!  I can't narrow it down.
#5  If I could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be?  I don't know--I'll have to come back to that one.
#6  Favorite fabric line?  I love everything! So it is hard to choose just one.  I do wish I had the whole Katie Jump Rope line by Denyse Schmidt.
#7  Favorite Author?  I am liking Ted Dekker right now.
#8  Morning person or night owl?  morning.
#9  Do I have any goals for the year?  I would like to FMQ more designs than just the loopty-doos I do now.
#10  Where was my last vacation?  We just went calf branding and trail riding in central Oregon.
#11  Favorite word?  Depends on my mood--right now it would be sleep :)

And my questions from Jessica:

#1  Favorite vacation spot?  Camping with the horses.
#2  Favorite place to eat out?  Anywhere that serves Mexican and a good margarita.
#3  Favorite piece of furniture in the house?  Our leather reclining sofa in the family room
#4  Would I cook for guests or go out?  Cook at home.
#5  Last book I read?  Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker.
#6  Beach or Mountains?  Mountains unless it is snowing--than beach.
#7  Least liked household chore?  Dishes and scrubbing toilets.
#8  Favorite dessert?  Cheesecake
#9  Favorite flower?  Zinnia
#10  Favorite breakfast cereal?  Frosted shredded wheat
#11  Tea or coffee?  Coffee with hazelnut or vanilla creamer

The blogs I chose are:

Mail from the Cheeky Monkeys
Goosie's Mom
Chezzetcook Modern Quilts 
K & S Design Girls
Elvy Crafts
Kat and cat quilts
Eve to Ruby
Jolie Maxtin
Usually Quilting


My questions for the ladies I picked:
#1  Are you going to "Sewing Summit"?
#2  What is your latest fabric purchase?
#3  Do you FMQ yourself or send them out to a longarm quilter?
#4  What is your favorite quilt block?
#5  If you drink, what is your favorite cocktail?
#6  What is your favorite TV show?
#7  If you download music onto ipod,phone,ect--what was the last song you chose?
#8  If you Pinterest--what was your latest pin?
#9  How many pets do you have?
#10  Where do you sew?  Kitchen table? Bedroom?
#11  How do you store your fabric stash?

Thanks again for the nominations!  And have fun reading some hopefully "new" to you blogs!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination, Jackie! I'll work on putting together a post tomorrow. I love the Pacific Northwest, but if you love Mexican food and margaritas you should come to Texas! We have good Mexican food places one very corner here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie,
    I will work on my post this weekend.
    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jackie, my second nomination!! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, internet issues!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...