Friday, March 29, 2013

I Finished My March Goal!

 
 
I finished my March's goal for "A lovely Year of Finishes" last night.  Just in time again :)  I had the FMQ part done but thought something was missing.  I decided to add some hand quilting and glad I did.  I love how it turned out! 
 
 
 
 
The hand quilting ties in with the embroidery well.  I FMQ'd my usual loopdy-doos on the blocks leaving the embroidered center and the sashing.  The blank white looked boring and unfinished.  I chose the same red floss I used in the blocks since it would pick up the red corner stones and binding.  So glad I did! And so glad it's finished! :)
 
 
 
About the quilt:
 
Pattern: Embroidery 101 QAL with Clover and Violet here 
Fabric: "Just Wing It" by Momo for Moda and some Kona White
              red binding and corner stones from my stash
DMC embroidery floss
measures almost 60" square
 
Linking up to the March finishing party here!

 


 

  
 A Lovely Year of Finishes


And the small blog link party at Lily's Quilts!



Lily's Quilts

15 comments:

  1. you're right! The hand quilting is just the perfect finishing touch - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the embroidery is combined with quilting! I want to make a quilt like this someday...

    spolgarquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty - I love the hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies! I have 1 more embroidered quilt top and I'm thinking of hand quilting that one too. It goes faster than you think :)

      Delete
  4. Incredible! I love the combination of the techniques! It is just tooo yummy!
    ipatchandquilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought of red floss, but you're right it finishes it off wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the hand-quilting for the super finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable and the hand quilting adds an amazing finish!
    Stopping by from Lily's quilts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hand quilting and the red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely embroidered quilt. I bought the "S is for Stitch" book last week to make the ABC quilt. I am looking forward to it and I am definitely going to think about adding hand-quilted stitches it makes the embroidery tie into the rest of the quilt. Lovely finish and nice inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone for all the quilt love!! :)

      Delete
  10. I love the embroidery on this quilt. Nice!
    Amandak@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful and the hand-quilting makes it even more special. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hand quilting adds a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...