Monday, February 4, 2013

The soccer quilt

Well, it was going to be.  One of those quilts in team colors to cover me when its freezing cold out.  That was back in, I think August?  I thought I would get it done in time for the fall games.  That didn't happen.  I did get the top done though!!


When I made some of these blocks last May for the Stash Bee, I liked them so much I had to make  some for myself. I liked her idea of black and white but thought team colors would be perfect.  And that's why all the stars are yellow.  In my town, all the sports teams for ages 5 and up follow the same colors as the High school.  Black and yellow.  Now this quilt can carry me through all the way till graduation :)  Well, maybe not.  That would be the year 2020 and 2023 (I think).  Geez! So we'll see :)

Spring soccer will be starting soon so I chose this quilt for my February goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes.  I have the backing so I hope to have it basted, quilted and bound by the end of the month!  Not quite sure if I want to go straight lines or something free motion.  Any suggestions?



A Lovely Year of Finishes
Plum and June

Lily's Quilts

3 comments:

  1. A very striking quilt. Love the yellow stars. With regards to the quilting, maybe straight lines radiating out from the stars?? Visiting through Lily's Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like your quilting idea--you mean straight lines out from the stars within each block? I might have to make up one block to test that out :)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering about a wonky star, continuous free motion design... Otherwise, I can only see this quilted with straight lines and I don't know if you want to quilt right over the sashing. I'd love to see the finished quilt to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...