I had several things come up in the last couple of weeks that took away time to work on this quilt. My internet went bad and I had to wait for the phone company to send me a new DSL box, soccer practice started and Mr. went on a hunting trip. Other sewing needed to get done also like Bee blocks and some pattern testing. (more on that next time)
I found this print for the backing at Joann's. I love it! It was just what I was looking for -- black and white with a small pop of yellow. I used for the binding as well.
I decided to stick with the same loopdy-doo that I've been doing on everything and added some straight lines in the sashing all in black thread. I feel Im getting better at FMQ and need to move on to another design. Maybe start practicing some stippling.
I'm so glad it's done and I love how it turned out. Just in time too :) Spring soccer just started.
The Soccer Quilt
48" x 58"
block tutorial here
As I was finshing up on sewing the binding down last night, Smoke had to come test it out. Couldn't wait I guess :)
Linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes!
I also made 10 more stars for the Dancing Stars QAL. I love these! Now that I'm kind of caught up, I'm going to work on more of these this week.
Linking up to the Dancing Stars giveaway!