Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Finished Quilt

With one day to spare for the month of January, I'm finally done with my "Birdie Stitches" quilt. 



I ventured into a little more FMQing on this one doing a loopy meander in the squares that surround each embroidery block as well as the border.  I had some tension issues and changed it a couple of times.  I also changed my needle to a bigger size.  By the time I was getting to the end I think I figured it out.  I feel I'm getting better and might even try something other than a loop next time :)

 
Quilt stats:
 
Birdie Stitches BOM 2011, by Lttle Miss Shabby.  You can find it here.
Fabric is Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda
DMC floss
Size: about 40" x 60"


 
As this was my January goal in the Lovely Year of Finshes, I am linking up! 
 
 


A Lovely Year of Finishes
 
 
My other WIP's for the week included more stars in the Dancing Stars QAL (button on my side bar) 
 
 
I love how they all look together!  I am up to 25 so far which is enough for a baby quilt but I want it bigger.  I think I will keep going :)
 
 

 
I will also be linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
 

 

 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 
 
Thanks for stopping by--I'm off to make more stars! :)
 
 






6 comments:

  1. what a sweet birdie quilt, and I love your dancing stars! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dancing stars QAL blocks look AMAZING. I love the choice of grey for the background. I sure wish that quilt was coming to live at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from Plum and June - your quilt is just lovely, with those special embroidery stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt! Your little embroideries are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!! Those stars are addicting :) I can't wait to get them all finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...