Monday, January 7, 2013

A brand new year brings a brand new to-do list.  Mine would be multiple pages if I let it :)  I have several tops waiting to be quilted, jelly roles and layer cakes waiting to be cut up and ideas on paper needing to come to life.  Not to mention new QAL's ready to start that I would love to join, especially the scrappy trip quilts.  In love!

I was sent an invite a few days ago to join a group all about finishing.  Exactly what I need!  A Lovely Year Of Finishes is a monthly link up party to help get all those UFO's, WIP's, ect. out of their boxes and done!  For the first month I've decided to finish up on my Birdie Stitches BOM.  Little Miss Shabby offered these back in 2011.  I finished all the blocks on time but didn't get to putting them together until a month ago.  It's basted and I'm 1/2 way with the quilting. 



FMQ is new to me.  I have done straight line but never attempted anything else until now.  I bought a new Bernina sewing machine last year.  It has a stitch regulator which is a huge help to me. I'm  hoping to do a whole entire quilt with FMQ but for now I just do parts.  Especially ones that are easy in and out like the borders.


 


This quilt has straight line in the gray sashing and a FM loopdy-do in the printed squares.  After one block my machines light came on and off it went to get serviced.  My machine is back and hopefully will have this quilt finished by the end of the month. If you would like to join in on the fun, link up today!  Today is the last day for the month of January.



A Lovely Year of Finishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...